The Perfect Morning
How you start your morning will impact the rest of your day — either positively or negatively!
On this morning’s Coffee with Colleen, I listed five tips to help launch your day in a positive manner, because each day ought to be your best!
- Positive self-talk
- Start day with Meditation.
- Mind: increases gray matter, willpower, concentration, cognitive function
- Body: Decreases pain, boost immune system, lowers blood pressure, ease inflammation, reduce heart risk
- Spirit: increases compassion, empathy, overall satisfaction, self-knowledge.
- Overall: reduces loneliness, cuts emotional reactivity, fosters a healthy body image, eases anxiety, and helps sleep.
- Exercise. Endorphins improve mood, energy, and health.
- Before there were washing machines, cars, and electricity we did it all by hand!
- Body was made to WORK
- Body language.
- Power Pose: 20 percent increase in testosterone
- 25 percent decrease in the stress hormone cortisol.
- Stimulates more parts of the brain than ANYTHING
- Can relax OR motivate.
- NOT minor keys or syncopated which irritate the brain