10 Things You Can’t Change — So Stop Trying!
- You’re always going to be accountable to someone. Somone is always watching, and that won’t change in the near future. Sooner or later, someone will find out. Live your life accordingly!
- You’re gonna die, so take care of yourself now and love those around you today! On your deathbed, will you regret not spending time with loved ones? People don’t wish they’d spent more time working.
- You can’t please everyone all the time, and it’s soul-sucking to try. Stick with your values and ethics, focus on doing what you know is right, and realize that there will always be people who aren’t happy.
- Stop comparing yourself to others, because life is NOT a competition! Compare yourself to the person in the mirror. Period.
- Holding a grudge is heavy, weighs you down, and doesn’t accomplish anything positive! Let. It. Go.
- You can’t control what someone else thinks. You can’t force someone to accept your apology, to forgive you, or to like you.
- Stop dwelling on the past. Yesterday is over, so live & learn and move along.
- You can’t change what happens across the pond. We can impact the world close to home — what’s happening in our homes, family, community, etc…
- Your Family of Origin. It is what it is, so will it make you bitter or better?
- Nothing is private anymore. Learn how to keep yourself secure.
- You can’t get back what you’ve lost. You can repair the damage and make it better, but don’t expect things to be the same.
List from this article on INC.com